|What the Warranty Covers
ExxonMobil Fuels, Lubricants & Specialties Marketing Company, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation (“ExxonMobil”), provides this limited warranty to the purchasers who use Mobil 1™ Extended Performance lubricant in their vehicles. This limited warranty covers the lubricant and critical engine parts lubricated by the lubricant. ExxonMobil warrants its lubricants to be free from defects and that the lubricant you purchased will protect your vehicle’s critical engine parts from oil related failure.Be advised that if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s oil life sensor or the oil change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty. Follow your owner’s manual if the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: racing or commercial applications including taxis, limousines, etc.; frequent towing or hauling; extremely dusty or dirty conditions; or under excessive idling conditions.What the Warranty Does Not Cover
This Limited Warranty excludes:
- Mobil™ lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment or accident; or equipment modification done without written authorization from the original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”).
- Situations where the OEM required lubricant standards do not match those stated by ExxonMobil without written approval from ExxonMobil.
- Mobil lubricants that have been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by ExxonMobil.
- Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of Mobil lubricants.
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear.
What the Period of Coverage Is
The Mobil 1 Extended Performance limited warranty is valid for 15,000 miles or your vehicle’s OEM recommended oil change interval, whichever is longer.
Additional requirements for Mobil 1 Extended Performance include:
- Oils must be put in service not later than five (5) years from the date of purchase; and
- an oil change must be completed every twelve (12) months.
What We Will Do to Correct Problems
ExxonMobil will replace any lubricant that is defective. In addition, if there is equipment failure due to the lubricant you purchased, and the engine was serviceable at the time the oil was installed, ExxonMobil will repair any equipment damage directly caused by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant, at no cost to you, provided that the lubricant was selected and maintained in accordance with specifications of the OEM or the written instructions (which includes product packaging) of ExxonMobil.
How You Can Get Service
To file a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than six (6) months from the date the damage occurred), call 1-800-AskMobil (275-6624).
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to examine the equipment and maintenance records, if available, and provide proof of purchase to determine the extent of the damage and to confirm that the lubricant was the cause.
- Allow an ExxonMobil representative to obtain an oil sample from the engine for oil analysis at no cost to you to assist in determining the cause of the equipment failure.
How State Law Relates to the Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
The remedy provided here will be your only recovery against ExxonMobil. You will not be able to recover incidental damages (for example, transportation costs to and from the ExxonMobil representative for inspection of the equipment, loss of use, towing charges, bus fare, car rentals or other incidental damages) or consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing other property which was damaged when the lubricant was defective). Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.